Ok, so I have hit another obstacle. I do not own a car or a house and therefore I do not have an insurance broker. What does this mean? I am finding it extremely difficult to find liability insurance.
Here is the liability insurance journey so far:
- I researched where to find this type of insurance and found out that one could obtain it from the same insurance broker that you have with a car or home
- As I do not have a car or house, I decided to ask around
- I had a lead: Tenant’s insurance with liability. I had heard that this would probably be my only option
- I called up a well recommended insurance company and told them the situation. They told me it would probably be no problem and to call them back when I was ready to obtain it.
- With my appointment one month away, I decided to get this insurance set up. I called the insurance company. The gentleman asked me to give him a week to do some research and he would get back to me.
- A week and a half went by and I heard nothing, so I called him and had to leave a message.
- I received a message in my inbox saying that he could not provide me this insurance and as far as his research went (which sounded pretty far), no one else was willing to provide me with this insurance either.
And now here I am…
The application gives you the option of signing an affidavit stating that I will obtain liability insurance upon arrival in France. The insurance broker did recommend I do this. My only worry about this is that I would have absolutely no idea how or where to get the insurance in France. What if I ran into the same problem that I have run into here? I will email the consulate asap and tell you how it goes. Even thinking about this gets my tummy flipping a little with nervousness.
The other option is to get my aunt to call her insurance company and add me into her plan with liability (I live with my aunt). I will do this asap as well.
I hope I will shortly have this problem sorted out.
If you know anything about this topic, or have been through the same situation, please let me know!